Congratulations to NJV Athens Plaza and KRITI II of ANEK LINES on getting certified with the "We do local" standard!
The hotel NJV Athens Plaza and the ship KRITI II of ΑNEK LINES, "Act Like a Local" and contribute to our efforts to support local production and economy moreover the promotion of the unique local hospitality to our guests.
The We do local wins the Silver Award at the Tourism Awards 2017
For the fourth consecutive year, more than 700 executives and personalities from the tourism industry attended the Tourism Awards, the awards-institution of Greek tourism, the ceremony of which took place Tuesday March 21 at Athenaeum InterContinental.
The certification standard tourist facilities «We do local», he won in yesterday's presentation of the Tourism Awards 2017, taking the prominent recognition and reward through several nominations, which were evaluated by a jury composed of important personalities and successful entrepreneurs with experience in the field hospitality.
The company Local Production & Hosting SA won the Silver award in the category "Linking tourism with other sectors of the Greek economy" for "We do local", actively rewarding new initiative created and developed by 15 entrepreneurs of Crete tourism industry 2 of Halkidiki. These entrepreneurs believing in the philosophy of "We do Local", wanting to change the data in the tourist market, to support local producers and society and to highlight their place within their hotels, have joined forces and put a view to good practice all these and disseminate them to all firms on Crete and Greece.
The "We do local" counts now two years of operation and 27 certified units in Crete and the rest of Greece. The team of "We do local" stays true to the philosophy, with the aim of building a strong team that will grow with more members from all over Greece.
We do local is a certification standard which was created by the mature cooperation of Local Production and Hospitality SA, Cosmocert SA and Local Food Experts sce.
The businesses (Hotels & Ships) certified by the We do local Standard:
- support the production, economy and human resources of the place they are situated in
- promote their uniqueness and the responsibility of hospitality
- offer services which promote the local culture and gastronomy
- respect the environment and the sustainability of their homeland
Become a Certified Partner
Businesses wishing to be certified by We do local must meet some specific criteria that focus indicatively on:
Licenses - Certifications - Awards
Social - Labor
Architecture - Infrastructure - Surroundings
Social events - Local Culture
Environment - Sustainability
Food & Beverage Areas
The Integration Process in We do local includes:
- Acceptance of the Specifications criteria of We do local, depending on the activity of the enterprise, check and reply them.
- Acceptance of the Price List
- Submission of Application - Cooperation Agreement
- Acceptance of the Special Rules and the Guideline of Integration Process
- Site Inspection
- Evaluation, certification and integration in We do local